Pages - Menu

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Land of the Morning Calm

Woraksan

I between 1988 and 2001, I lived in Korea for 8 of those 13 years. During that time I came to know, respect and love the Korean people. I empathize with them over their divided country and with their proud heritage. I learned the language and attended university there and am an avid buff of recent Korean history.

I lived in the Pyongtaek area, but was fortunate enough to own a car and was able to travel the entire country while I was there. I have climbed Soraksan, been to Dragon Valley Ski Resort, the beach at Pusan, Sashimi in Mokpo, the east coast cliffs and camping at Woraksan National Park (even did some trout fishing there).

In the future, I will expand my Korea page to include places that I have spent time in in Korea and give you the reader insight into different parts of Korea. I already have a Seoul travel guide because it is an entity unto itself. I hope you enjoy the rest of my entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks